The first thing you should do is disconnect your Desktop or Laptop from the internet, also make sure your wireless on your Laptop is switch off. This will stop the ransomware from encrypting all of your files.
You can also pull out your AC adapter plug for your network router.
Check to see if all of your files was encrypted.
Please save all of your files that was not encrypted as of yet into a CD, DVD, or USB Flash Drive. (Remember CryptoLocker can not encrypted your files if you not connect to the internet.)
If you do not have System Restore enabled on your computer or reliable backups, then you will need to pay the ransom in order to get your files back. Please note that there have been cases when people have paid the ransom and the decryption did not work for whatever reason. Furthermore, if you do not pay the ransom within the allotted time, the Cryptolocker decryption tool will be removed from your system and make it much more difficult, if not impossible, to restore your files.
So please follow these easy basic steps to find out which version of internet Explorer you are using.
1. Double-click on the Blue E that is on your desktop. Please see below
2. Now Internet Explorer will open up
3. On the toolbar click on the help tab or the Icon that have a blue ? mark on it. Please see below and look on your internet explorer to see if you have a tab that states HELP on it or a question mark like photo #2
4. Now scroll down till see about Internet Explorer and click on it.
5. You will see another window popup that look like the picture below.
6. please look for the version you are currently using.
Please click below if you want to download the latest version