Microsoft support ends on Windows XP as of April 8, 2014.
- On April 8, 2014 you cannot update Windows XP nor get the latest Windows XP patches that will protect your computer from getting harmful Malware and Spyware.
- On April 8, 2014 You cannot download the version of Microsoft Security Essential nor get the latest definition to catch the latest virus.
- You can still use your computer, but you will put your personal data at risk of someone stealing it or your computer catching a virus.
I still want to keep my computer with Windows XP
- You still want to use Windows XP make sure you backup all of your important Documents and Media every day. (Put on a CD, DVD, USB Flash drive, OR Dropbox)
- Install a free Anti-virus’ Program and update the definition every day and run a scan.
- Install WOT (Web of Trust)
- Consider buying a full version of Malwarebytes and run it with your Anti-Virus program.
- You can install Ubuntu operating system into your old computer.
Time for a new computer
- Purchase a new computer that fits your budget and move all of your personal from your old PC to your new PC
- Make sure your new computer have the latest Windows update on it.
- Make sure your firewall is on
- Install good virus protection software. (update the definition everyday and run a quick scan)
- Buy and install Malwarebytes PRO and install it to your new computer. (Malwarebytes works great with your Anti-Virus Program)
- Install WOT (Web of Trust) into your new PC
- Backup, Backup all of your documents and Media
Dumb Computer Repair Boston’s Computer Repair Shop Phone: 781-408-1200 or 617-419-0007 Email: email@example.com Remove all types of viruses Dumb Computer Repair Website http://www.dumbcomputerrepair.com